Who are we?
The Rochester Area Administrators of Volunteer Services (RAAVS) is a collaboration of agencies and organizations who utilize volunteers to carry out their mission and vision throughout the community. RAAVS provides training and resources as well as guidance and support to individuals working in the field of volunteer management. Members include volunteer administrators, program coordinators, executive directors, fund development strategists, resource managers and other professionals in non-profit and for-profit organizations. For over 30 years, RAAVS has been the number one resource for volunteer management professionals in the Rochester community.
What is our purpose?
- To increase awareness and cooperation among persons in the Greater Rochester Area who are involved in the development, implementation, coordination and participation of volunteer programs
- To provide opportunities for the development of professional skills
- To promote the exchange of ideas among administrators
- To influence the public and private sector on policies and actions pertaining to volunteer programs and the administration of said programs
- To sponsor/host events and activities to promote volunteer administration
What does RAAVS do?
- RAAVS hosts six professional development programs each year that highlight current trends and topics of interest in the field of volunteer management while providing individuals networking opportunities with colleagues at all levels. RAAVS also hosts an Annual Symposium. Membership is open to all individuals with an interest in Volunteer Administration. Members pay dues annually.
- RAAVS has been the number one resource for volunteer resource management professionals. From the seasoned administrator to those new in the field, RAAVS offers something for everyone.
RAAVS, PO Box 10721, Rochester, NY 14610-0721